According to the USGS there was an earthquake 6 miles east of Norman this morning! I felt it, heard it and saw it! CRAZY! I was sitting on our bed playing with Carter when I heard what sounded like a really loud airplane flying overhead. Soon the rumble became way too loud to be an airplane and the walls started shaking, the bed was moving and the dresser in our room was swaying! It only lasted for a few seconds but it was scary!
Natalie was clueless. I was shouting at her from across the house to come to our room but she didn't even hear me she was so focused on the cartoon on her TV. Silly girl!
Nathan was at school and I have not had a chance to talk to him about it. We got an automated call from the school saying that Norman had an earthquake but that all kids were ok and that the facility did not have any damage so school would continue as usual.
Travis was in his car here in town but didn't feel or hear it. He is sooooo bummed!
Anyway, here is a map showing the epicenter... (you have to click on the picture to see the full map)
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/us2010ciay.php#maps
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/us2010ciay.php#details

No comments:
Post a Comment